Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Audacity of Hope

Well, I think I'm in love. I have been impressed with Barack Obama since he ran for Senator of Illinois. Reading this book convinced me of his character, intelligence, perpicacity, eloquence and his ability to look at several sides of a problem. His background living in the US and Indonesia, working in grassroots community development, attending law school, and balancing a family are described in a reflective, intelligent, occasionally witty manner. He owns up to shortcomings, personal and national. He seems to be able to address the concerns of some conservative citizens, such as the breakdown of the family, and to debate with respect and intelligence. I think he can win in 2008. At least that's my hope.

By the way, my cousin Meaghan quit her job at the DCCC to work for him in Chicago. I'll have to track her down and find out what she's doing.

No comments: